Your eyelid surgery is generally performed in an accredited hospital, office-based surgical suite, free-standing ambulatory. Generally, eyelid procedures take at least one to two hours to complete. Following are some of the things that has to be done on the day of the surgery:
- Local anesthesia combined with sedation is generally used during the eyelid surgery.
- Some medications are administered for your comfort during the procedure of the surgery.
- Surgeon will follow the surgical plan discussed with you before surgery.
- For your surgery safety, several monitors will be used to check blood pressure, heart, amount of oxygen circulating in your blood and pulse as well.
- When the surgery procedure gets over, you will be taken into a recovery area where your will continue to be closely monitored.
- After the complete procedure done, a lubricating ointment will be applied to the eyes so that it can protect your eyes. It would be better if someone stay with you the first night of the procedure.